If you are involved in a Road Traffic Accident it is important to know that you are not bound by a contractual relationship between your insurance company and a law firm appointed by them. You are at all times entitled to take independent legal advice on your position. If you have been involved in a car accident always contact your own solicitor first.
If you are involved in a Road Traffic Accident our initial advice is as follows;
- Move away from the damaged car to somewhere safe.
- Call the police if someone is injured.
- Obtain the registrations numbers of all vehicles involved.
- Exchange information with the other person(s) involved – names , addresses, telephone numbers, insurance information, name of company and policy number.
- Get the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses.
- Take pictures of the accident using a camera phone or digital camera.
- If you are directed by your insurance company to a specific firm of solicitors who they have a contractual agreement with, be aware that you are entitled to seek independent legal advice.
- Call your own solicitor IMMEDIATELY.
Nichola Harte of Harte Coyle Collins, Solicitors & Advocates, is an experienced lawyer who has dealt with a road traffic accident claims for over 20 years. The testimonials on the firm’s website are indicative of the level of independent representation she provides for victims of car accidents to ensure that they obtain the full compensation for injuries suffered.
If you have been involved in a car accident do not hesitate to call our office or out of hours solicitor line (02890 278227 and follow the instructions) to obtain initial advice and make an appointment or contact us via our website or by e mail to email@example.com